- The blog would not exist without you. Thanks for sharing your experiences!
- Submitting a question gives me the right to publish it on the site and use it in other media (a book, for example) in perpetuity.
- I can edit questions for content and length, but usually will not. Do you want to keep the people & situations in your letter anonymous? Please change the names & details before you submit. Please also try to keep your text under 400 words.
- I answer on my own schedule, with an aim to respond to at least one question per month. I do not answer all the questions I receive, and I cannot make private answers.
- I do not share email addresses, real names, or personal details of Letter Writers with anyone, ever. However, any harassment or violent threats directed at Letter Writers will be documented and offered to them.
- This is not a crisis hotline. If you are in a scary or violent situation, if you’ve been assaulted, if you or someone you know is having suicidal thoughts, please call a trained person who can give you the immediate assistance you deserve. Here are some lists of helplines that others have compiled, or search for a helpline in your region.
Thanks again for reading. (And thank you to my favorite advice columnist Captain Awkward for example guidelines!) The email address for the question box is firstname.lastname@example.org.